Saturday, December 1

Ignorance

In my class the other day I was thinking about how ignorant people are today. My professor had mentioned something about how the purpose of the school system is to educate our kids on the things of this world and give them critical thinking skills so they can look at all the possibilities and make their own decisions about things. NOT TRUE! If this was true, then they wouldn't be so concerned with certain curriculums or things like Intelligent Design. If our society wants people to look at ALL of the possibilities and make their own decisions, why then are they so afraid of speaking the name of Jesus in a classroom or making it even sound like Intelligent Design or Creatism is a possibility at all? Instead, teachers teach a THEORY as FACT! This specific professor actually wrote one of our texts for the class. In it, he starts off saying something about how economies existed since the beginning of time 10 million years ago or so. A few pages later he quoted several verses from the Bible...???...huh? Mixing the two? I don't get it. Kinda made me mad. This issue bugs me. Maybe you can tell by the capital letters. I actually started writing this in class in my notebook instead of listening to the professor. I had alot of good points, but my notebook is not handy and my mind is full of math at the moment. Just wanted to throw that out there to itch at you.

No comments: