Monday, December 10

Suspected Criminal

Today while on my lunch break at work (sub teaching) I got several calls and texts from my other work-J Stephens. Apparently there was some huge emergency and I needed to call right away. So I called. Jarek said $1,000 was missing from the money bag. What? I closed last night and we had $1,000 in hundreds and this morning they were all gone. How? That's odd. Last night was kinda crazy, and no I didn't take the money, but somehow, it's just gone.
I'm basically a "suspect" because I closed with Gene (who is also a "suspect") and I counted the money and put it away. Jarek is a "suspect" because he opened and discovered the missing money and also had the extra key. And Eric is a "suspect" because he has a key to keep and had to come by and lock the door because Jarek had the extra key. Anywayz, I'm pretty sure I know who took the money (if it was taken by anyone at all) and he straight up asked me if I thought it was him. Ha, I just said "Yup, I do." Then he said he thought that I took it. But when I asked if he just said that because I said I think he took it, he said yes. He doesn't really think I did it. Wonder why...My other coworker agrees with my assumption and also knows I am innocent. And I'm pretty sure my manager believes me to be innocent as well since he gave me a key to the new locks tonight. Even though my coworkers and boss believes me innocent, I still think it's funny to be suspected for a crime. I mean, it's a terrible situation, but I'm finding simple humor in it. It's still stressful though. I think I'm trying to make it a lighter situation that it is simply because I can't deal with it right now. Thank God finals are over though or I'd probably just cry. I still have to deal with the fact that our company is now missing $1,000 and the manager is gonna have to take some kind of action. I'd love for all of us to take a lie detector test just so it comes out and can actually be dealt with. But that would be stressful too. I get nervous and don't know how to answer when people ask me if there are any boys in my life or how school's going or something like that. I could just imagine what I'd be like strapped and wired in a chair while someone asked me pounding questions and monitors my heart rate (or whatever they do). But there's basically nothing the police or anyone can do since there are no security cameras in that part of the store and there is no real evidence that someone even took it, much less WHO took it. Right now everything is being based on people's testimonies on what they know took place. I'm sure there won't be any legal action, since they're not totally sure who to pin it on, but hopefully something can be done.

No comments: