Tuesday, April 21

My Fake Fiance

I was telling a friend of mine at one of my friend's bridal showers a couple weeks ago that I needed to get engaged so that I can get all the gifts I need for when I move out. At the time I had seriously been looking for apartments in Orange County but realized I had very little to fill it with and things that I would need everyday. But if I was to get married, I would have all the parties and stuff and get a ton of gifts, gift cards and straight up money to begin my life on my own. I told several people of my brilliant plan and one of them said they had just made a movie about that! Turns out it was playing on ABC Family and my mom watched it the other night so it was recorded on our DVR and I was able to watch it today. I love it! It's not exactly what I had in mind, some of the motives are different, and they actually were planning on getting married for real, and ended up doing it for real and really falling in love with each other. I highly doubt that would actually happen to me and I'm not planning on it, but I need to find a guy, nonetheless, who would be willing to stage an entire wedding so that we could get gifts and parties and all the good things that come with it. Plus, then I'd be the bride instead of the bridesmaid for a change. :)

1 comment:

Saidah Knutson said...

Hahaha. Just make sure you don't mess it up like me; I got frustrated planning a wedding by myself and tossed the idea altogether: BAD IDEA. I regret it so much. I wish I had done it and now I can't really. lol. But I want to see that movie!