So tonight in my RD group, we went over spiritual gifts. It was about half of the lesson for this week which we will finish next week because it is so intense, so we just focused this week on gifts and finding out which ones each girl has so that next week when we finish the lesson, we can decide how we can best use those gifts within the group to help each other. So Julie passed out a test she had downloaded from a website and we sat there in silence for maybe 15 minutes while we took it and added everything up. Now, it's been several years since I've taken a spiritual gifts test, a really good one anyway. I took one a little over a year ago with the Botswana Team, but it was more of a personality test than a spiritual gifts test. The last real one I took was either in Mr. Rice's Bible class in high school (which he actually made up himself) or one I took at a Bible study also in high school which told me the same things. In high school my main gifts were wisdom and teaching. Those two were way higher than any of the other ones. This time, I had FIVE top gifts: discernment was number one and these four tied for second: teaching, wisdom, faith, and giving.
Bailey was so cute because when we all went around the circle telling each other what we scored highest on, she asked what it meant. She wanted a definition for discernment and Somer read the description given at the end of the survey and then Tasha and I restated it to make sense. Basically, someone with the gift of discernment can tell how genuine someone is really being. Some people may mistake this as being judgemental, and they are similar, but different in some ways. For instance, there is a televangelist who I can't stand. I don't think he is what he claims to be at all and he does everything for the wrong reasons. Basically, he's not in it for God. He claims that he is, but if you really listen to his sermons or read his books, it's obvious he's in it for his own fame and glory. Well, it's obvious to me, but I have heard people come to his defense so quickly and call me judgemental because I believe he's putting up a false front. I'm not saying he's not a Christian or he's not called to be an evangelist, but I don't believe he's being genuine and it's hard for me to believe what he says because he of the things he focuses on--some of his topics just aren't Biblical. This is just an example and I'm trying to explain it. Maybe it's coming out wrong and you think I'm being judgemental, maybe I am.
No comments:
Post a Comment