- I just began downloading songs last month because there were some songs I needed for a video I was making for a friend. Since then I've downloaded a couple more. Today I did four more. Some of these songs were downloaded for specific reasons, but most of them is simply because I love them and sometimes feel like listening to them randomly. So I created a Downloads album on my player. Here's what the list looks like:
- Mr. Brighside-The Killers
- When You Were Young-The Killers
- More Than Words-Extreme
- Come on Get Higher-Matt Nathanson
- Give Me Your Eyes-Brandon Heath
- Gotta Be Somebody-Nickelback
- Can't Take my Eyes off of You-Andy Williams
- Angel Eyes-Ella Fitzgerald
- At Last-Etta James
- Unforgettable-Nat King Cole
- Come Away With Me-Norah Jones
- Fever-Peggy Lee
- Mr. Wonderful-Peggy Lee
- Dancing in the Moonlight-Karaoke
I thought this was pretty random. But then I looked at the rest of my music library. Now that's random. Most of these songs are sappy love songs. Mostly because I was creating a cd and dvd for a bridal shower. But I listen to an odd aray of music. Country would be my first love. It's what I was raised on. I pretty much know 'em all! That's probably the majority of my library. But that's also mostly because I mooch off of my sister who used to receive a ton of mixed cds from Teddy full of country music.
I also have a bunch of jazz/blues/vocal music. This love developed through my swing/blues dancing experiences and the music they play there. Not to mention I just love that era.
Then I also have a bunch of worship songs. A couple of Hillsong United cds as well as several mixed worship cds and a few other random Christian artists.
Then there's all my "rock" music. I'm sure there are really a ton of genres these songs technicalls fall into (alternative, punk, soft rock...) but for all simplicity, let's just call it rock. It's much easier that way. I love this kind of music. It's actually pretty diverse in itself and I really appreciate it.
A friend of mine about a week or two ago said he was going to burn me some cds and we sat listening to a bunch of music for probably over an hour or two. It was amazing to me how similar our music tastes were since I know mine is so diverse. Maybe I was stereotyping, but he just didn't seem like the type of person who would listen to Alison Krause. But he took it a step further and declared the song "Whiskey Lullaby" as one of his favorites. It was just wierd but it was also really nice to be able to sit there for as long as we did listening to music we BOTH liked. And if a song came on that I didn't necessarily like, he'd change it before I even said something cause he didn't like it either. It was pretty funny. But I'm still waiting for those cds!
No comments:
Post a Comment