Today I'm drinking a new drink! It tastes like an iced caramel macchiato but has only about 40 calories. It's simply an iced coffee with sugar-free vanilla and caramel sauce with room for a bit of non-fat milk. Anyway, it's really good.
For my birthday, my mom renewed my Barnes & Noble membership so I get discounts on books and drinks at the cafe. This membership has been expired for about six months now so I was really excited when my mother texted me and told me she renewed it. This last Wednesday, before I picked up my grandparents from the airport, I made a quick stop at Barnes & Noble and got several books. Actually about six I think. And all for just over $50! I got a new book by Tracie Peterson, one of my favorite authors ever! Two pocket classics- Wuthering Heights and Great Expectations. Two other classics-Count of Monte Cristo and Pride & Prejudice. And a Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Series-basically about six books in one. I have read a couple of the classics in high school and have seen movies, but they are books that can be read again and again don't you think? So I'm really excited about all these books and need to make some room on my bookshelf for them all. The pocket classics are great because they're so small and can fit brilliantly in my purse. I love to carry at least one book with me for when I have some down time inbetween work and practice and don't want to go home or something like that. You know, that way I can just go to Starbucks or some other nice Coffee House and read my book! The only thing I hate about doing this is that this time of year, it's always freezing cold inside and "Africa hot" outside! I guess I just need to make sure I bring a sweatshirt inside with me or something, eh?
This makes me think of how much energy people waste on air conditioning during the summer. It shouldn't be freezing cold inside a coffee house or anywhere else except maybe an ice skating rink or an ice cream shop, no matter how hot it is outside! I was watching Monster's Inc. last night because there was nothing else on t.v. and I was thinking about how they get their energy through children's screams and then they realize that children's laughs are ten times more powereful. I wish our energy could be produced through the laughter of children. That way we wouldn't ever be worried about an energy crisis and rolling blackouts and all that stuff. I know that this is mainly a problem in California but still. It sucks. California has alot of issues that I won't go into right now, but how great would it be if we can figure out a way to produce energy through laughter? There would never be a shortage! Especially at Chuck E Cheese! Anywho, my excitement over my new books has gotten into an energy talk. I won't subject you to this anymore. So long.
No comments:
Post a Comment