Wednesday, August 11

Nat Geo

I've had a lot of down time lately since work has been really slow. When I have a lot of time I find myself watching National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, and the History channel. It's funny, lastely I think the History channel has been bored of history and has been doing shows on the future and what the earth/world/universe will be like at different times in the future. I love watching these networks and learning about our world but sometimes I find it really hard at the same time. Seeing as how the people who run these channels are usually scientists or historians, most of them hold to the Evolutionary theory and disregard anything connected to religion such as Intelligent Design theory. Unless of course they are doing something related to the Bible or Jesus, then they forget about evolution. Sometimes I just can't take what they have to say as truth and I either roll my eyes or laugh. They are full of contradictions in many things that they say and they probably don't even realize it, which is why these contradictions get played on the air. When watching a show about jellyfish, the narrator said these words one after another: "Perfected by the evolutionary process..." "A perfect design." "Each an evolutionary masterpiece." "While our ancestors evolved and left the sea, jellyfish stayed behind and mastered their domain." First of all, if they're so great and are advanced in their evolution, why wouldn't they leave the sea? Don't most of the more superior links end up on land? I've heard nothing of their intelligence, by the way. Second, having that phrase "A perfect design" stuffed right in the middle of the two phrases about evolution is pretty funny. Everybody knows there is no design to evolution. There are many different types of jellyfish, are they all a perfect design? I feel like the term "evolutionary masterpiece" is an oxymoron. I feel like, if anything, jellyfish would support the intelligent design theory since they are created and designed so perfectly to live and survive in their environment in such harmony with the rest of the world under the sea. And they ARE "a perfect design." Just look at them. Anywayz, this is just one of many things that I hear on these networks and have to laugh about because I know they truth of it

No comments: