Monday, November 9

Sandals Church Building

So Sandals is in the process of buying a building and the last few weeks we've been in a series called 24/7 where members are being challenged to do what they can to raise money for the building so we have a home and somewhere to go when our lease is up in June 2010. A couple weeks ago we had a leader's meeting where they showed a computerized look at the building. I nearly cried when we "walked" into the sanctuary. I want to make this a reality and do what I can to help make it possible. I've been praying about the amount I should give. I had a number but was challenged yesterday with a different number. I got an unexpected check, am expecting an insurance check, and sort of expecting another random check. While I could definitely use the money since I'll be moving out next month and I now have a car payment and owe my dad money for his trade-in, I feel like a lot of this money is coming to me to give to the building fund. I know it's God bringing me this money when I need it most, but I also believe I'm being challenged to be faithful and give it back. This is pretty rough. Anybody else struggle with this?

Check out this bad-quality video I took of the video.

No comments: