Thursday, August 2

10 Things I Love about Dave

This is Dave. He's pretty much amazing. We worked at camp together for two years. Most people think he's very much like a hippie-mainly because of his hair which he had been growing since high school (but shaved the bottom in Cali so it wasn't as hot). He's a Wisconsin native and has one of those heavy accents I pick up easily. Dave wears a collared shirt and tie everyday (even under a t-shirt if he's required to wear it). Can you guess what Dave's major was? Yes, he finished college! English! He writes along of short stories, and even some epics which I got the privilege of having e-mailed to me. He's surprisingly smart and can very quickly make you feel absurd about yourself.
In team meetings, when we were teaching the group a new verse, he always volunteered to discect it for us and help explain to everyone what the verse really was trying to convey. It made alot of people think and look at Scripture in a different way. He's also very sarcastic. which I think is one reason we got along so well. His laugh is contageous, even when he doesn't know why he's laughing! He's pretty hilarious. Dave never left a job unfinished and was always willing to pick up an extra job. He was one of the hardest workers at camp out of both years. The two of us could clean a whole cabin in half the time of everyone else! Which is why it totally amazes me that for a whole year after graduating college, he did pretty much nothing. And for another year in between summers he did pretty much nothing again. (Un)Fortunately, this last year, after the epic journey back to Wisconsin in the beloved Bus (below-there's a long story behind that bus) he got a job at Best Buy.....so he had to cut his hair! NO!
I haven't seen or heard from Dave in what seems like a lifetime, but it's really been less than a year. He had promised the staff that when he traveled the continent in his bus, he would pick up a handful of people and reconvene us all for a reunion.....But the bus has been sold and that dream postponed until finances are stable. Who knows when I'll see the wonderful Dave Mueller again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

English major guys always seem to look like that. English major girls always want to go into law or graduate school. =)

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the job =(